Welcome to the Ridge!
You will be using the district’s Online Registration system to register your child. You MUST be a St. Johns County resident and live in the VRA zone to register your child for VRA. Residency is defined as “residing in your home” and the residency documents required by the district must be uploaded at the time you are registering your child in the Online Registration. This means you must have closed on your home or have a lease that has started prior to registering your child. You will be asked for those mandatory items when you are navigating through the online screens. You can complete the Online Registration using any smart phone, tablet, device, or computer.
Please review the list of mandatory documents in the following paragraphs in preparation for starting the Online Registration.
KINDERGARTEN AND NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION FOR 2023-2024
The St. Johns County School District (SJCSD) will begin registration for the 2023-2024 school year on March 1. This registration is only for children new to the school district, including those entering kindergarten.
Early registration must be completed online at www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/student/enrollment.To find the assigned school, enter your street address on the Attendance Zone Locator at www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/zoning/.
To be eligible for public kindergarten in the SJCSD, children must be 5 years old on or before September 1 and must reside in St. Johns County.
Other requirements for registration:
- Birth certificate/Guardianship Documents
- Documentation of a health examination performed within one year of enrollment
- Proof of completed required immunizations on Form DH680
- Proof of residence per the Residency and Guardianship Policy located at www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/student/residency/
Students who are currently enrolled in a St Johns County School do not need to re-enroll. Returning Student Verification information will be sent out later this Spring. This enrollment is only for students NEW to St. Johns County Schools, including those who will be entering Kindergarten and those who have been enrolled in FLVS full time.
If you have any questions for grades K-5 registration, please contact Diana Schoolfield at [email protected]
If you have questions for grades 6-8 registration, please contact Joy Calvo at [email protected]
Here is the list of mandatory documents needed for Registration:
- Three proofs of residency (Mortgage Statement or lease agreement, utility bill, and one more bill)
- Original Birth Certificate – Child must turn 5 on or before September 1st.
- Completed Florida Immunization form 680 (out of state immunizations must be transferred to FL form)
- Physical must be dated within one year of the date of enrollment and can be a physical from any state
- Driver’s License for identification purposes only
- Copy of latest report card confirming grade placement and, if applicable, promotion
Attention all 6th graders!!
The Tdap immunization shot is required for all 7th graders and must be recorded on a Florida 680 form. As soon as your student receives this shot, please submit the Florida 680 Form via fax to 904-547-4095 or to the front office even if the student is not in 6th grade. Per district policy, all 7th grade students that do not have this shot will not be allowed to start school the year they are entering 7th grade.
Required Immunizations for PK – *7th Grade:
Four or five doses of DTaP,
Four or five doses of IPV
Two doses of MMR
Three doses of Hep B
Two doses of Varicella
*One dose of Tdap (administered and required prior to entering 7th Grade)
For Information regarding Immunizations, please call:
St. Johns County Health Department
200 San Sebastian View
St. Augustine, FL 32084