The community of Valley Ridge Academy is dedicated to creating a safe and nurturing environment that inspires and challenges students while developing lifelong learners through collaboration, citizenship, creativity and reflection.
The St. Johns County School District will inspire good character and a passion for lifelong learning in all students, creating educated and caring contributors to the world.
Fun Facts About Our School
- Valley Ridge Academy is a Kindergarten – 8th grade school.
- We currently have about 1600 students serving families in the Nocatee and surrounding communities.
- We are a STEAM focused school. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Design, and Math.
- VRA feeds into Nease High School which has the International Baccalaureate Pre-IB/IB Diploma Program. The IB program has a hard-earned reputation for high standards of teaching, pedagogical leadership and student achievement.
- In addition to computer labs, our classrooms are set up as follows:
- K – 2nd grade: student use of iPads
- 3rd – 5th grade: student use of laptops
- 6th -8th grade: 1 to 1 with laptops in classrooms
- St. Johns County Character Counts is infused in everything we do. Our selected students are honored with an award certificate monthly.
- All students have physical education as part of our curriculum.
- Our gymnasium accommodates 250 cheering fans.