Student Council Information
- Middle School students are represented by both a girl and a boy from each homeroom that serve as the Student Council representatives.
- Representatives and officers meet once a month and sometimes more often, depending on the events or activities we are sponsoring.
- Regular meetings of Student Council are the first Wednesday of the month at 8:00am in the Media Center. Reminders are posted in the middle school hallways.
- Some of the activities and events that Student Council has sponsored are school dances, ambassadors to new students, Goodwill Bag It Up clothing drive, and community service projects.
Student Council Officers are:
President: Joey Midkiff,
1st Vice President: Max Grenadier
2nd Vice President: Rebecca Stockwell
Secretary: Alondra Alvarez
Treasurer: Charlotte Stockwell
Historian: Beshara Nazi
- Student Council representatives held their first meeting in September and are currently working on 3 major projects.
- October will be a busy month. Spirit Week/Homecoming is October 2 – 6. Each day, students will dress up for different themes. On Wednesday, Student Council officers will be announced at a middle school Homecoming pep rally, and Friday will host the first Super Hero Gala. We will have our own VRA DJ, games, food for purchase for middle schoolers to party like a Super Hero.
- October 23 – 27 is Red Ribbon Week, when we focus on character and living a drug and alcohol free life.
- On Friday, October 27 we will host our first History Mystery Theatre. Students in 5-8 grade can audition as famous people in history that demonstrated good character in our production of the Case of the Missing Cake. Everyone is invited to attend the performance and dessert bar at 6:00PM. Tickets will go on sale the week prior. $5 per person or $20 for the whole family. Children under 3 are free. This is a fun interactive “who dunnit”.
- Student Council and Spanish Honor Society is concerned about our community and is collecting personal hygiene items like toothpaste, shampoo, and shower gel for those affected by Hurricane Irma in our Clean Up Irma campaign. Students are encouraged to bring their donations to the Pep Rally on Wednesday, October 4 or drop them off in room 623.