Valley Ridge Academy is happy to announce that it is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (MYP) in the 2016-2017 school year. Using the the IB curriculum framework, VRA provides a rigorous, high-quality, international education for students in grades 6-8. It is designed to inspire passion for learning while challenging intellectual curiosity, encouraging inquiry and maximizing individual potential. The community of learners (parents, students and staff) share responsibility for developing life-long learners and active, compassionate world citizens with a genuine commitment to affect positive change in the world.
Fun Facts About Our School
- Valley Ridge Academy is a PreKindergarten – 8th grade school.
- We currently have about 1600 students serving families in the Nocatee and surrounding communities.
- We are a STEAM focused school. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Design, and Math.
- We are the only K-8 school in St. Johns County with an International Baccalaureate Program (IB). VRA feeds into Nease High School which has the International Baccalaureate Pre-IB/IB Diploma Program. The IB program has a hard-earned reputation for high standards of teaching, pedagogical leadership and student achievement.
- In addition to computer labs, our classrooms are set up as follows:
- K – 2nd grade: student use of iPads
- 3rd – 5th grade: student use of laptops
- 6th -8th grade: 1 to 1 with laptops in classrooms
- St. Johns County Character Counts is infused in everything we do. Our selected students are honored with an award certificate monthly.
- All students have physical education as part of our curriculum.
- Our gymnasium accommodates 250 cheering fans.